The nominated Parish Safeguarding Officer is: Sue Dickson, Tel: 07774 720270 or eMail: email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor: Hilary Higton, Tel: 07495 060869 or eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incumbent contact details: The Reverend David Morris, The Parsonage, Church Lane, Tibberton, Worcestershire, WR9 7NW, Tel: 01905 345169
On the 7th April 2019 the PCC adopted Promoting a Safer Church as its own safeguarding policy;
1. We are committed to safeguarding and the care of the children within our church community.
2. We are aware of and will implement the House of Bishops’ Child Protection Policy Protecting All God’s Children 4th edition (2010). A copy of this policy can be found on www.cofe-worcester.org.uk We work closely with the Bishops Safeguarding Adviser.
3. We will ensure that lay ministers, volunteers and paid workers who work with children and vulnerable adults are carefully selected and trained using the safe recruitment process and Disclosure and Barring Service to check the background of each person as outlined in the diocesan procedures. The Diocese will do likewise in respect of the ordained.
4. We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that a child or young person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed or is in significant danger, reporting it to the relevant authority.
5. We will fully cooperate with statutory agencies during any investigation, into allegations concerning a member of the church community. We will inform the statutory agency of any suspected criminal offences or concerns that we are made aware of in respect of our contact with children.
6. We will offer informed pastoral care to any child, young person or adult survivor of abuse and provide details of local and national support agencies.
7. We will supervise any member of our church community known to have offended against a child or vulnerable adult and ensuring proper and appropriate preventative safeguards are in place using a written agreement. .
8. We will review this policy annually, checking that all our procedures and activities involving children and vulnerable adults are up to date including the Disclosure and Barring Checks.
9. We will review our insurance policy for those working with children and vulnerable adults ensuring we adopt the advice in the House of Bishops’ Policy and Promoting a Safe Church.
10. A copy of this Policy will be displayed on the Parish Notice Board
11. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN CONTACT ANY OF THESE HELPLINES FREE AT ANYTIME FOR FURTHER SUPPORT
- NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans: 116 123
- Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Action on Elder Abuse: 0808 808 8141